Re: [RC] Interference and Forging - Truman Prevatt

Title: “I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience
Here are some quite test you can run to detect neurological issues. http://equisearch.com/horses_care/health/anatomy/nervous_system_041608/
When my horse had West Nile back in 2002 (I think that was the year), the coordination loss was subtle but it was there. If he's getting better - he might be getting over what was bothering him.

Truman

Michelle Aquilino wrote:
Well, it sounds in general, like it's either a neurological thing (hoping not!), or I need a new farrier.

So I guess I'm going to look at her lateral balance and t-angles tomorrow, and if nothing seems wrong, either find someone for a second opinion or look at possibly getting some tests.  Are there other pretty common symptoms aside from forging/interfering/stumbling?  She doesn't seem off in any way other than these things.  She is not stumbling as much as she was in the beginning of all of this though.  She was just stumbling, then forging with a little bit of stumbling.  Now she rarely stumbles, forges sometimes, and interferes at some points during the ride.

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"

--

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan