[RC] interference and forging - sbolinge

My sister in law had the same farrier for 10 years.  Her horse's way of going slowly got worse and worse..first forging then interfering with lots of serious stumbling.    When she moved up here to montana and boarded her horse with me,, I couldn't believe what his feet looked like..WAY to long, underrun heals...etc.  She agreed to try barefoot...it has taken almost a year to transition and i wish I had taken before and after pictures.  Anyway, the horse is moving just fine now.  My bet is that you need a new farrier..and I am not saying barefoot is the only fix...a really good farrier would work too. And his feet might look pretty good to you, but just a bit out of balance, then add the weight of the shoes and things can go all askew.