Re: [RC] Interference and Forging - Truman Prevatt

Michelle Aquilino wrote:
Ok, so my horse has never in the past interfered or forged or had any movement problems at all.  She started forging and stumbling quite a bit about a month ago.  Now today (she got brand new shoes on Wednesday) she had horrible interference problems.  She bloodied both rear fetlocks, and her front right bulb.  I know horse's movements change as they grow, get fit, etc, but I remain somewhat skeptical in my situation.  What is the likelihood this is all because her rear toes are too long?  Or something similar related to her trim/shoe job?
What changed a month ago? New farrier, farrier became distracted and not doing as good of a job?  If her toes were the same before last month - why is there a problem now?  Is she showing signs of neurological issues other than forging and stumbling?

Something changed a month ago.  The answer most likely lies in the answer to "what changed."

Truman

--
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan