Re: [RC] John Henry the Wonder Horse - Truman Prevatt

Title: “I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience
Roger Rittenhouse wrote:
Bruce  Congratulations. A very nice story report. Very emotional. Not many gaited
horses make it though 100 milers least not the TEVIS.. as compared to ARABS that
is :)  (now all the gaited horse riders will flame me) :) Yes: Truman   Your 100
miler walker did great also :)

Bruce and the other 2? gaited horses that made the trip should be very proud  --
it was 2 others, the Paso and a Rocky?

Ah, but the more difficult the mission - the sweeter the victory!  I remember seeing the sun rise of the Utah Mountains as we were drinking champaign after the mare finished the ROC. Let me tell you champaign has a hell of a kick after you've been up from most of the night, are hungry and a little dehydrated but it was sure worth it ;-)  as I am sure Bruce will tell you.

Buried in one of Bruce's post I saw maybe the clue. JH is a good mover with a low resting heart rate. Start with good material no matter what breed and you have a shot. The rest of it is preparation, preparation, preparation and a good supporting crew.

Truman

--

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan