RE: [RC] Helmet search - Chris Littlefield

I personally like the Tipperary. The new style seems to be more aerodynamic but I prefer the old style. It fits my head better than any other helmet on the market and I seem to stay cooler under it.

I have always been told that horse helmets have more emphasis for safety/cushion on the back of the helmet because in the majority of falls, we tend to land back. The bike helmets have more cushion on the front due to their falls landing more in that direction.

I have not done any further research to verify that info. It just sounded logical so I accepted it.

I have had one serious crash where the helmet was broken in half, in the back. Don’t remember what happened to tell you how I fell.

Now, I  don’t remember a lot of things J but I am here and that’s a good thing.

Chris