Re: [RC] John Henry the Wonder Horse last chapter - Truman Prevatt

Bruce Weary DC wrote:

 John Henry's power walk helped us to slowly catch and pass a small group of riders that had gone out before us.
One rider asked, "What kind of horse is that?" "A Walker," I replied. "Apparently!" he said.
The racehorse John Henry was the Ty Cobb of racehorses. He was not gifted with the greatest of talents but he was gifted with the greatest of desire of and the greatest work ethic and the greatest of mental toughness - not to mention meaner than a snake when he had to be. Because of that he may have been the greatest baseball player of all times and John Henry at the end of the day could when you get over the three year old one year wonders the greatest race horse of all times. JH is one of my favorite racehorses - simply because he earned it the hard way (winning horse of the year at 5 and 9 years old!) - and he did it time and time again.

A fitting barn name for your guy. Just hope he doesn't start beating steel buckets to a pulp the way John Henry earned his name.

"John Henry did it. I was just along for the ride,"
was my answer.

And what a ride, eh!

Dayna had laid out about ten glasses and two bottles of Champagne
for each of us to toast the night, which was quickly becoming day. A glowing satisfaction flowed over all of us, that persists, and likely will for some time.
Savor it my friend you earned it. And give old John Henry a carrot for me.

Truman

--
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan