Re: [RC] Boots for "Emergencies" - Michelle Aquilino

Kirt Lander from Renegade Hoof Boots told me that the Renegade hoof boot was designed to "compliment a program of natural hoof care, and not to be used as a 'spare tire'".? If the inventor of the boot does not recommend it's use as a "spare tire", then that probably makes the decision for me.? It was my top choice though, in addition to the Easyboot Gloves, which also seem simple to put on, and high?quality.? But with the Gloves I am concerned that the tight fitting boot will be more affected/damaged by rough walls caused by a lost shoe.
?
I might use the boots occasionally in the off-season for her rear feet, which I keep unshod during the winter, but in general, I plan on using the boots to replace lost shoes while at an endurance ride or on a long ride in general.? So overall, I want boots that are simple to put on and take off, and that will STAY on.? I am not necessarily looking for the best "endurance" boot...
?
Not to say that if I really liked the boots, I wouldn't consider doing rides in them sometimes, but I am not at the point yet where I want to switch over to keeping my horse barefoot and using boots for all rides.
?
Anyone have anything good to say about any boots outside the "standard" endurance line of easycare and renegade?

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"