[RC] Young Riders Championships - Downs, Daryl

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to take time out of the big pre-Tevis hype to say CONGRATULATIONS to all the riders who attended the Young Riders Championship. I saw some of these competitors during the course of the season working hard and jumping through hoops to get to this big race and I am very proud to know these young talented riders. I was surprised to see nothing covering this FEI sanctioned, championship ride- but oh well. I think we should be more vocal in supporting these rider's great accomplishment! I know a few that made it and I know the stress they were under and the hard work they put in to get there.

I got some results courtesy of Josie McGhee, Kyle Gibbon and Lindsay Bean. The winner was Kelsey Kimbler with a close second place Jennifer Stevens (in a race off!). Third place was Alexandra Kirkland and fourth was Josie McGhee (on Stagg's horse "Winston"). I am not sure of much past that and I look forward to the full results. Angie McGhee has posted some videos from the event on her endurance.net page and I urge most to see these riders in action. Once again, CONGRATULATIONS to all of you for working so hard and showing us what the USA, on a world level, can expect in the future!

Good Luck to everyone at Tevis on Saturday!

Daryl Downs