Re: [RC] Shore to Shore ride; need info and help please- Farzad &2 horses - Truman Prevatt

Title: “I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience
Farzad,

The S2S is mostly sandy. When we went from Florida in 2006 we were pleasantly surprised that the trails were like the ones in my back yard in Florida - mostly sandy single track through sandy pine woods. There are few rocks - but very few. There are some roots. But it's mostly sandy soil. So if there is any ride you could do barefooted - it would be this one. As far as going alone with two horses, that might be an problem since it is a linear trail. There is normally someone available to move the rigs (for a fee) you would have to work out something with them to take care of your extra horse at the new camp.

There is water available at the vet checks and the camp grounds. There is little on trail water. Some times people meet riders at road crossings and if you happen to come along at the right time - you can get water. Some people come with crews, you might hook up with one of them.

Truman