Re: [RC] Shore to Shore ride; need info and help please- Farzad & 2 horses - K Hanes

We did the ride last year, LDs all 5 days. The terrain is really mixed from day to day. There is not much for water on the trail unless we get some rain. There is also no place to really crew except the vet checks. From what I understand there are people moving rigs each day (for a fee) to the next camp. I don't know about taking 2 horses unless you have someone to unload and set up your fence when the drivers get your trailer to the next campground. My friend Cathy did 50s all the way across last year barefoot on her mustang. She tried to just watch the footing and take it easy.

The ride manager is Wayne Gastfield, give him a call at 231-250-4242. He does not have internet but his assistant does, Bruce Birr - bbirr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope to see you there!
Kari Hanes
Montalee Arabians