[RC] western saddle - Jean Miller

Kathy, whatever works for you and your horse is just fine.  Doesn't matter what breast collar one uses as long as it does the job and doesn't rub the horse.  Doesn't matter what pad one uses as long as the job is done.  I have ridden western saddles for years, I will admit to orthoflex western saddle with horn, but now I use an abetta trail saddle with horn.  I also have used cool backs or wool backs for years, they seem to do the job for me and my horse er pony.  I use no breast collar because so far, the pony doesn't need one even though she is fat and has no withers.  Jeanie