Re: [RC] Rib out - Don Huston

In high school I had a rib get pulled out while wrestling. It popped up under my shoulder blade like Amber's. A chiro put it back in place and after a 2 week rest the coach started me doing rowing exercises. The kind that makes your shoulder blades move toward each other. The exercise I thought did the most was bending over at the waist 90 degrees, put one hand on a low support to help keep your spine parallel to the floor and lift a free weight (dumbbell) with the other arm. You let the weight pull your arm down and rotate your torso to get the weight as low as possible then lift it straight up, rotating your torso, making your elbow point to the roof and stop when the dumbbell hits the side of your chest. Let it back down the same speed you lifted it and repeat. 10 reps with each arm is one set. I started with 10 lbs and 10 sets a day but use your best judgment. The rib never came out again.

Don Huston