[RC] Countdown to the Caja Ride - Deirdre C. Monroe

Title: Countdown to the Caja Ride
We are starting the count down for the Caja del Rio 50. This ride will be held just west of Santa fe, NM in conjunction with a NATRC ride. NATRC is Saturday and Sunday. The AERC 50 (no LD) will be Sunday only.

Please e-mail me at Deirdre@xxxxxxxx if you are coming to either ride. We will have the same trails last year that got rave reviews. We have a photographer and David Kaden (or Balke Potter)  is coming from Specialized Saddles with his pressure pad. You can pay a nominal fee and find out just how good your saddle fit really is.

I consider the 50 a moderate ride. Lots of long trots with some climbs and great views.  Foot protection is highly recommended as there are rocky stretches.

Again, now is the time to let me know you are coming!

Oh yes, if you are considering the NATRC ride, you can do "distance only" and not have to do the obstacles or horsemanship judging. You do have to ride within their time windows, which are about 5 mph or less for the novice category (about 15 miles per day) and about 6-7 mph for the open distance (which is about 30 miles per day). You can use easyboots or glove-like foot protection or go barefoot (not recommended). NATRC does not allow gaitors so Epics are not allowed.