[RC] how much should I pay the trainer (who asked me to decide)? - alexis_mills

I'm supposed to come up with a number I'm comfortable with, and I have no idea what's fair since I've never done this before. Here's the situation:

Samurai wouldn't get into a friend's trailer a few weeks ago, so I sent him to a "cowboy" she recommended whose wife also did some Parelli training with him.

Their regular rate to start a colt is $800/mo., but they said they'd charge less to deal w/ a single problem. After two weeks, Sami is loading easily in a stock trailer, and they're bringing him to me tomorrow, driving 80 miles (160 RT) to deliver him. I already paid $200 (my usual monthly board).

So... what would be fair?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Alexis
(now living on the far east side of Tucson, near Saguaro Nat'l Park, and looking for riding partners)