[RC] Boz Saddle - Kathleen

I have had a couple Boz saddles.  The first was for my husband (at that time) who was a very big man.  We needed a saddle to spread his weight on the horse’s back and there weren’t too many alternatives at the time.  The Boz worked for he and his horse (they did LD’s).

The second Boz was actually the answer in the great saddle search for one of my horses.   It was the only saddle that ever fit him and when he was ridden in it he got all A’s on his back.  When I sold him his new owner contacted me six months later and bought the saddle from me because he had gotten sore with every saddle she tried on him.  He was like two different horses with the Boz and without it….it certainly felt good to him.

It did not fit the horse I rode after him however and I was glad because it was the most uncomfortable saddle I have ever ridden for me.

The people I know who were comfortable in the Boz were very and I mean very long legged.  The twist didn’t seem to bother them.  I am short (five two) and it just about split me in half.

I happily go down the trail now in my Advantage saddles from Heels Down Saddlery…they fit me and my horses!

Kathleen