RE: [RC] - Ginger Bill

AH HA! No matter how you cut it or try to dress it up, LD's are not Endurance. They are a trail ride with a time limit. I know I'm dating myself, but again, there used to be LD's that had no time limits and they were very pleasureable, indeed. Oh, and the LD's still had to pass a vet check at the finsh with the same pulse as the 50's, which everyone did. There were no holds as none was needed because no-one was racing simply because there was no need. Thus, now a monster has been created.

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:18:41 -0400
Subject: Re: [RC]
From: janusstudio@xxxxxxxxx
To: orrinandginger@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here in the South East, the LD rides are treated like endurance rides, except for the finish critra.

You may take all the time and bring your horse along slow, use it as a training ride, use it to introduce a new horse to the routine of an endurance ride, or you may race. A fun day of organized competition.

A trail ride is without competition, without any awards for a job completed.  It's just a fun day or weekend or whatever.

If one wanted to compete and go slower, try NATRC.  They can go as slow as 3 mph and have a great time doing it.

Janice ~ who likes things just the way they are...sure works for making me happy!!  <g> Thanks, AERC !!