Re: [RC] fire by mammoth bar? - Eric Drew

CA-NEU- Mammoth - Mammoth Bar Recreation Area 500 acres

Wildfire - North of Auburn in Placer County has grown to over 250 acres since starting at around 2 p.m. Thursday afternoon, potential for greater than 1000. Cal Fire fire fighters, standing from left to right Todd Newell, Josh Petrilla and Chris Wurster watch the 250-acre fire burn before air support flies over.

Evacuations: Placer County Sheriff’s Office deputies are currently evacuating Grizzly Range, the American River Confluence and the Lake Clementine Recreational Area, according to Sheriff’s spokeswoman Dena Erwin.
Evacuations of the Grizzley Range, Foresthill Rd. and Lake Clementine.
Ongoing at Mammoth Bar Recreation Area, recreation areas are being evacuated.

Road closures: CHP and PCSO shutting down foresthill bridge due to heavy fire at the road.
California Highway Patrol had closed Old Foresthill Road between the Confluence and Forest hill Road as of 3:30 p.m. Highway 49 bridge connecting Auburn to Cool remained open as of 4:30 p.m.
Forest hill Road off Interstate 80 has also been closed.
Update: 1800hrs -Radio reports possibly over 500 acres.
Update: 17300hrs - 450 acres, Shooting range was saved by ground crews with backfiring, next structures 1/2 mile away
Update: 1700hrs - 400+ acres, IC estimates at 5% contained - Grizzly bear shooting range threatened. 6 tankers now on the fire.
Update: 1500 hrs - IC requesting additional resources - fire has now spotted onto the El Dorado side of the river.

IA: 1430 Hrs -Vegetation fire in the river bottoms in the Auburn area started by fire works. AA on scene reporting 30 acres, 2 additional copters and 2 additional tankers as well as ground resources.
Location: North of Auburn in Placer County, Forest Hill is the closest community to the fire.centered in the heavily wooded Mammoth Bar Recreation Area.. So far, no structures have burned.
GPS: 14435 Lat. 38,55.2 Long. 120,59.7
Resources: 16 engines, six fire crews and nine aircraft.ST 9140 C(type3),
AA 230, T-88, T-89, T-82, T-83, Copter 512, and Copter 404
Comms: Placer command west 156.2400 tac?-151.250, Air - 151.280
Weather: 1600hrs - NWS
99°F
(37°C)
Humidity: 16 %