[RC] bucked off - alexis_mills

Hey there, Ridecampers. I can't tell my friends or family about this sort of thing or I just get told to sell my horse, so...

I rode Sami bareback again today, the first time in six months, and he did great for more than an hour, walking, trotting, cantering. But just five minutes from the barn, he spooked at something in the brush on the bank (a mouse perhaps?), and instead of just bolting as usual, he bucked his way across the wash, finally pitching me off over his right shoulder. I landed head first (in the sand, fortunately) then flipped over my right shoulder and onto my back. My tailbone is sore, but that might have been from the bucks (I stayed on for at least a few), not the fall.

Thank goodness I had my helmet on since I hit pretty hard, almost squarely on top of my head (where that ridiculous raised faux button is).

Anyway... I'm a little sore but not hurt nearly as bad as the times I've bailed off, so I'm glad I rode the bucks out for as long as I could (three or four?). I got back on and rode another 10 minutes or so, but guess I'll stick with the saddle for the foreseeable future.

Hope you're all enjoying the summer.

Alexis