[RC] Stirrup Leathers -- Shortening/Lengthening - Valerie Nicoson

Our son is showing an interest in wanting to ride distance with me and we'll be taking him out this weekend when I go riding.? I do have 2 horses so this will make it easy to keep the back up horse conditioned IF all goes well.? We will be sharing saddles for awhile until we see if he likes the distance riding enough to stay with it.? However, he is quite lean and lanky at 6'5" with a 30" waist and a 36-38" inseam.? [yes, he's well fed!]?

I have 2 western style endurance saddles that we will be using.? One is an older Saare saddle and the other is a BM endurance saddle.? So the question is -- how can I make shortening the fenders easier??

BM Saddle -- Sliding the stirrup leather cover up and down to adjust the stirrup length is a pain.? Any way to make this easier??

Saare saddle -- Has the Blevins buckles and I have always struggled with getting those Blevins buckles apart and sliding the cover over the buckle again once the stirrup length is adjusted.

Right now both saddles are adjusted for my leg length and I'm only 5'3" with a 30-31" inseam.? That's alot of adjustment between 30" and 38" !!?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated to make the transitioning easier.? Thanks!!
Val