[RC] Saddles - Tom Sites

Hello,  When i bought my first horse, Jose Dante, i bought a western saddle so as to have something to ride him with for  $50.  When i saw i needed some riding instruction, the instructor sold me an old english saddle (who knows what type or size) for $15.  It took a while to oil it, but it was what she thought i needed.  We rode it for 2 years thru the mountains here in Luray and then did the GAHR and then 2 OD 100's and who knows how many miles of fun before and after.

That was before i knew of anything about saddle fit and all the stuff Arabs bring into the picture like changing backs etc.....  I had a horse and a cheap saddle and it worked.  Was it a lucky fit?  Maybe.

Its all gotten so complicated lately, and to me the fun is found in the simplicity.  It really is not that complicated if you have a saddle that basically fits.  Maybe i was just lucky,  who knows?  But those were the ole days when you spent more for the horse than the saddle.  Nowadays people spend more for the saddle than they do for the horse.  It seems to be an inverted pyramid to me.

tom sites