[RC] Was A Little Experimentation Pays Off- Gaiters and boots in mud. - Garrett . Ford

The majority of people are seeing good results with the Easyboot Glove and gaiters.  Other people have had less than good results.

Good news is we have a new gaiter that will be launched in the very near future.  I think even more people will have good results and we will continue to refine and change as we move forward.  Our goal is to continue to make the “less than good results” a smaller and small minority.

Tevis is shaping up to have a good booted showing.  I have my fingers crossed but I’m hoping for several booted horses in the top ten.

PS- Regarding mud.  I’m not 100% convinced our new boot designs are better or worse than a horse will steel shoes in mud.  I recently attended a very, very muddy event (Strawberry Fields) and more than ½ of the horses in the top ten were booted on day #1 and day #2.  The best condition horse on day #1 and day #2 was also booted.  I watched booted and non booted horses tackle some very muddy conditions.  Didn’t make a conclusion either way.  Take a look at the link below.

http://easycareinc.typepad.com/from_the_horses_mouth/2009/06/easyboot-gloves-and-glueons-excel-at-the-strawberry-fields-endurance-event.html

Not to say Angie didn’t see things she didn’t like about boots in the mud but many people are having good results in the mud.

Garrett Ford

EasyCare Inc.