[RC] For those mechanically inclined.. - Julienne

Had a Sundowner gooseneck trailer, plugged into the plug in the bed of the truck. Worked perfect.

Sold the Sundowner, bought a Featherlight bumper pull. Plugged into the plug at the rear of the trailer. It has never worked right, brakes do not register (but lights do). Replaced plug, still doesn't work right.

Yesterday the truck was dead. AAA came out and jump started the truck and we drove the truck around for 1/2 hr plus. Later that night went on an errand and truck started up just fine.

This morning I started up the truck again to take it to the repair shop. Lights came on for a moment then failed.. truck is dead again.

Advice? Do I need to replace both truck batteries? Truck is a Chevy Silverado 3500 dually. Doesn't get used much, maybe 1-2 times a week. Could the trailer brake electrical issue have something to do with the battery draining, like it shorted it out some how?

Suggestions I've recieved so far.. check alternator, check grounding in rear plug.  Thoughts?

Julienne