[RC] mystery swollen leg - Marlene Moss

I’ve got a horse that has had a swollen lower leg from just below the hock to the fetlock, for a month now!  She is completely sound, not sensitive to palpation, doesn’t have a temperature.  I’ve talked to 2 vets, one saw her, noted that it is fluid.  The first said to do a sweat wrap, so I did one with Magna paste first, no changes and then with a clay poultice, still no change at all.

I put her back in pasture, figured moving would be better than nothing.  Second vet though she might have stuck a cactus in her leg and it will just have to grow out.  But this seems pretty weird to me!  The first vet said they could give her some steroids if the wraps didn’t work, but I really expected the swelling to go down by now!  But she’s still completely sound on it – I’ve even ridden her twice.

Any suggestions?

Marlene

Marlene Moss

www.LosPinos-CO.com - boarding, training, sales