[RC] Remedial instructions for easyboots - Cindy Stafford

I'm trying to keep my horse barefoot and would like to start using easyboots on her.  I have two of the 'basic' model, that I bought years ago, so they may have changed somewhat.

I remember Karen Chaton's easyboot page where she went thru step by step on how she modified them, but i can't seem to find that page anymore.  Does it still exist?

And do I still need to modify them?  I seem to remember needing to do something to the cleats on the inside?  If so, what do i need to do?
Am I supposed to vetwrap the hoof before putting them on?
And I think I need to tighten the wires somehow, because the metal flippy thing keeps flipping up.  But I can't tell from the easyboot diagrams how they're supposed to be shortened, can someone dumb it down for me?  (and I"m an engineer, so you really need to dumb it down, I can't figure it out unless you write out the 100 step by step instructions, lol).

These aren't needing to get my horse thru an endurance ride or anything strenous, just for hacking out on our backyard trails because her feet are tender on any rocks.

Thanks for any help!
cindy