[RC] Away lunch stops - sherman

Title: Message
Oooh, then you haven't done the Lake Oroville ride! There is a huge lunch spread...muffins, a selection of sodas, yummy candy bars, hard boiled eggs, sandwiches made on request with turkey breast and I think even roast beef, lettuce, cheese, or PBJs, and bananas and apples, too! And we get to go thru that check twice (:>) Even the last check, about 10 miles from the finish, has snacks and sodas.

Kathy

Diane wrote:
As a Northern California rider, I have seen hay at almost all away checks and carrots at most, but not much for riders other than water and/or lemonade or tea, certainly not LUNCH - until the Cooley Ranch Ride. They had pre-made sandwiches, fixings to make your own, cookies, drinks, candy/energy bars, and I heard homemade brownies but I didn't know to look for them :( Boy was that a real treat for someone without crew. For a lunch stop in camp, you can go to your rig and fix something but away? It was a life saver! Thank you Cynthia and Forrest!