[RC] Sponge Leash - Southern California to the East Coast - vccfarms

Interesting discussion about sponge leashes that until 3 weeks ago I did not care about.  I am a part time rider and have ridden a few rides in Southern California and found for the most part carrying a sponge, let alone one on a string, was pretty useless.  In general we never crossed water and any water we got was from water troughs.  I just did my first east coast ride the Old Dominion 55 and found a great use for the sponge on the leash, but my horse was quite shocked at the first dropping of the sponge as he drank from a stream.

Additional differences I found were that because of the humidity after you poured water on your horse it had to be wiped off and that Southern California riders do not realize how spoiled they are with Terry W running most of the rides and providing hay, bran, carrots and ...... at all of the checks.

I plan on going to the Virginia Highlands Endurance Challenge at the end of August what other west coast to east coast things will I encounter?

BTW OD was great with a steep learning curve and a few anxious moments, we finished and I got my first Belt Buckle.

Mark and Eddy