Re: [RC] mystery bumps on horse-response to Heidi - Cindy Stafford

Hi Heidi - thanks for replying.

to answer your questions, no it doesn't seem to be linked to riding, otherwise wouldn't they be there during other times of the year?   I use a neoprene girth and have been riding her in that since 2003.
The bumps are only seen in the very hot part of summer, and since they didn't appear this year until she got turned out to pasture (the day after) I'm guessing it's linked to that somehow?  I'm leaning toward teh bugs/allergies/or fungus theories people have sent me I think?
The weather also just recently got very hot/humid last week (the joys of living in st. louis :)), so wonder if that could be related (perhaps for the fungus theories...?)

thanks!
Cindy