[RC] Bennett Hills I & II rides cancelled - Lynn White

Hello all,

After much thought and consideration I have decided to cancel the Bennett Hills
I & II rides for this season.  The trails are lovely, but it is highly unlikely
that the ridecamp will be dry enough to prevent vehicles from getting stuck or
the surface/plants from being unduley damaged. If the area is damaged it is
unlikely that Idaho Department of Lands will allow a permit for future
endurance events.

In all the years I've been riding up there, this is the first time it's ever
been drier on Memorial Day weekend than the end of June.  It's a tricky place
with a small window of opprotunity to put on a ride.  Usually, one is safe to
assume that the end of June is optimal, but that was not to be this year.

With the permitting process as it is and the potential growth of fire fuel, it
will NOT be possible to just postpone this ride.  Please do not ask me to do so.

This has not been an easy decision, and I'm not at all happy to make this
announcement.  I was so looking forward to sharing this special area with all
of you.  I hope that nobody has been unconvienienced too badly.  But this is
after all, something we all do for fun.  I know we all set goals, but having
bumps in the road is part of the sport.

So get out and plan a long trail ride this weekend.  Guess I get to pull flags.

Kind regards,

Lynn White