[RC] re: walking down hills - Michelle Aquilino

I would be more willing to consider the physical aspect (which I did originally think of when she started acting up at the OD, so I'm not completely horrible and instantly think my horse is being a pain, ha ha) if it hadn't have happened not halfway through the first loop of Foxcatcher, which is an incredibly flat ride, so I would be surprised if anything was bothering her which had never bothered her on a conditioning ride.? Also the fact that she never seems to act this way when we are alone or leading, only when someone is in front of us.? I will keep investigating and try to figure out what triggers it...? The Foxcatcher occurrence though seems to pretty much limit it to behavior/attitude though.? I don't know though.? It just seems odd that she only acted that way on ONE downhill at the OD.? I would say that it was the steepest downhill at the OD, so maybe physical, but she did the exact same behavior on a slight downhill at Foxcatcher...? and only one or two hills there even, and so early into the ride.? Agh, I don't know, ha ha.? Because even at an endurance ride, she's good about slowing down when I ask and letting others go ahead sometimes, it was just these couple of times.? I'll see I guess...

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"