[RC] Tevis questions - Jill Carr

Never done Tevis before, and there are a few things I can’t find in the website, so I’d appreciate the kind help of anyone who knows the answers to my missing pieces.

1.       How early can you get to Robie Park prior to the ride? Thursday?  I found lots of camping info about the fairgrounds, both pre and post ride, but nothing about Robie park where the ride starts.  How soon can people and their horses start arriving there?

2.       I didn’t make reservations at Auburn, since my mule is happier on his hi-tie rather than a stall – Is there REALLY plenty of room there for  my husband to wait for us  during the ride?  (Since prior to the ride, we’ll be at Robie…?)

3.       Does car pooling of crew really work out? I have a dedicated crew person and a small truck for her, so I’d need to find someone to ride with that paces at the end of the pack like I do, right?  So our crew can get to the same places together on time… Otherwise, how do you do this?

4.       If you were going to pick just 2 places for your crew to be waiting for you, they would be Robinson Flat & Foresthill for the 1 hr holds…right? The ride info makes it seem like any other places are an unnecessary expense of time, especially since there is horse & rider supplies at all the stops – is this true?  If not, where else would you have your crew meet you?

5.       I’ll be attending the educational ride next weekend, and after that, would love to find someone to do additional pre-rides.  Please let me know.  Kathy – you still helping us new kids along the trail?

Thanks!

Jill Carr & Walker the Mule