Re: [RC] State Parks;What I have found out - Truman Prevatt

I highly doubt these numbers. You have to remember "save the state parks" or whatever they are called is a special interest group. You may agree with their mission but that does not make them any less a special interest group. I seriously doubt that anyone would shut down a money maker - not even CA politicians. Such things as state parks do cost money. There are all sorts of overhead cost other than what it takes to pay the rangers and sweep the floors in the visitor center.

It is to the point that CA can't worry about collateral damage to local economies that depend on the parks - they are broke and broke big time. >From what I am reading - they have it worse than any other state. They have been broke for a long time. The piper is about to be paid. How it sorts itself out - is up to the good people of CA.

Of course political activism is always worth the effort - but in the case of CA I don't see how the money is there.

Truman

Alexa Olney wrote:
Just another fact for every $1 taken from the general fund by parks $2.35 is put back.

--
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan