[RC] DLSD was Opinions Wanted - Shelly Williams

Is the Jeanette Mero DVM mentioned in the DSLD website an AERC member? I need to dig thru this info as I suspect my horse may have this issue - his dam is post legged and coon footed in back (accidental breeding and not owned by me) and he has issues going downhill and last summer he injured both front suspensories and his left rear twice last winter. I find the mention of iron levels in the blood interesting, and wonder if it is a cause or a symptom. We have so much iron in our water we use a water softener (which I believe is replacing the iron ions with sodium ions) to make the water usable - the horse water does go thru the softener as well, however. Anyway, if anyone has helpful info, let me know, and I'll keep ridecamp posted.