Home Shop Classified News, Stories Events Education Ridecamp Videos Cartoons AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

[RC] re: fees on public lands - Cindy Collins

However, many of us do not ride in "state parks." In fact, most of us don't. And so, no, we don't pay any annual fees. We do ride on BLM, USFS and Bureau of Reclamation lands. We do pay taxes like every one else, but we do not pay any kind of special annual equestrian trail access fee for those lands like the OHV people have to do. BTW, this isn't just for regular DMV licensing/highway use. It can be an unlicensed atv or dirt bike and they still have to have a green sticker to go on public lands. They all pay for a "green sticker" and can't ride on those public trails that they pay taxes for, too, unless they get their green sticker. I knew that horse folks would have a hissy fit if anyone suggested that they should pay some kind of annual fee, but I just felt you should at least be aware that these other uses groups do pay a fee on top of their regular taxes. Cindy


Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.
Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp
Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp

Ride Long and Ride Safe!!