From: Sandy Adams <sandydsa@xxxxxxx>
To: Ridecamp Ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2009 12:05:06 AM
Subject: [RC] Saddles, Pads and weird horses

Okay, who out there in RC land has a horse with a dip behind the shoulders, rather a hot dog body shape, medium withers, and has saddle fit or slippage trouble? I am well aware that a pad does not make an ill-fitting saddle fit - which is why my saddle is back for re shaping. In the meantime, I cannot seem to find a pad that works well for my mare, who has a bit of a dip behind her shoulders, has white patches now due to poor saddle fit and pad slippage, and most saddles slip. The SS does not slip, but messing with a dozen shims all the time is not my thing - and I love our Advantage saddles, and hope it can be refitted for her. If not, the Great Saddle Hunt is back on. No treeless, not good on these hot dog horses, and I don't trust them on such a horse. I am looking at first of all, ideally my Advantage, next the Synergist, and even the SS if I did not have to ship the thing to death.

Pros and cons anyone? What do y'all know of the Cavallo endurance pad vs. Skito, Toklat, etc?

Sandy
Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
Deep Sands Gifts