[RC] MONTANA DE ORO RIDE - Vchorsegal

   A big thanks to Deb Lyon, her awesome husband Jeff & all the gang who helped to put on this ride !  I was fully expecting to be freaked out by cliff sections, scary ledges, etc. There was not one moment of concern on trail. This is one of the most gorgeous & best marked rides I have done. The intersections had pie plate signs and often, friendly & patient human volunteers to guide you ! The vet checks out from camp were at the same site & offered 3 types of hay & carrots. They even had blankets to borrow & plenty of folks to help you. Ocean views throughout the day from various elevations and angles were only topped by about 3/4 of a mile of trail along the beach.  Andreti & Windy have never seen the beach, tho we live in San Diego ( horses are not allowed, only seals ! ) so they side passed the whole section. Lynn Rigney rode my RacetheWind & we laughed the entire day ! Fantastic BBQ & lots of desserts topped off the day.  We will sign up early for next year if they can do it.  Please sign the petitons you keep seeing on this site, as this & many other CA parks are threatened. Thanks again to everyone for all their fantastic efforts !

- Heidi Helly