[RC] Nylon Stirrups - Bob Fletcher

FYI:  I was riding over the long weekend and I had a mishap with my nylon stirrups that I wanted to give everyone a heads-up.  My nylon trail stirrups snapped in mid-post and I came off my horse.  Lucky me, I was riding with my friends and I was able to get back in the saddle and ride stirrup free the rest of the ride.  My stirrups were just about brand new, having only a few rides prior to this incident.  When I was making my decision on buying the trail stirrups, I thought that the nylon would be better because it is lighter.  I checked out my friends aluminum trail stirrups and the difference in weight is negligible.
From this ride forward, only the aluminum stirrups for me.
bcf