RE: [RC] preventing soreness from stirrup leathers? - Melinda Faubel

Wanted to pass this along just in case it helps anyone -
?
I use webbers with easy ride stirrups in cages, but I've used LOTS of different set ups.? I've always worn half chaps, but I've been wanted to get off and run more.? My solution?? cut a long neoprene tail wrap in half and use that.? Cheaper than sheep skin and pretty to boot!? Haven't tried it in an actual ride - just training rides.? So far so good.? I can tell that it's not going to work as well as half chaps, but if it works "well enough" I'll be good to go.? If not, I will have wasted (let me see....I got the tail wrap used....) I think a whole $2!
?
I should have pics on my blog if anyone is confused about exactly what I did.
?
Melinda

I've had this issue as well and would be interested in some suggestions.? I
can move mine also.? I may just resort to fenders.? I've got sheepskin on
them already and I can't wear halfchaps as I have short, fat calves and
nothing fits!

Jannelle Wilde

--
Check out my blog - Boots and Saddles!