Re: [RC] I poked the stick in the hornet nest (drug rule) - Truman Prevatt

I used to feed Triple Crown Complete - did so for years. If that was my only sin and the AERC wanted to persecute me for it - they would probably would have had fight on their hands. I reason I stopped was the dealer in my area went out of business - his property was bought for a highway expansion and there are not other Southern States dealers near me.

I'm no going to stop feeding a good feed from a reputable dealer just because of a poorly written rule. If another one moves in I'll probably go back to it and tell the AERC so they can make a test case of me. I would welcome it.

Truman

Shelly Williams wrote:
OK, I'm the turkey that posted the original question about the Yucca. I had just bought a horse and was told that was what he ate (Triple Crown), so I toddled off to Southern States and bought a bag, and low and behold, yucca. So I placed an innocent email on Ridecamp, which promptly exploded. The Triple Crown feed with the Yucca is being ingested by my friend's non-endurance horse. I bought different feed. Whether the yucca is actually doing anything or not, I'm not going to violate the drug rule. I honestly wasn't sure if there was more than one kind of yucca, or what, since I have seen it added to other feedstuffs as a flavoring. I don't get the posts since I only have a work email, and was kind of shocked that the whole thread is still thriving. The only issue I really have with the drug rule is the fact that the improved methods of testing leave us with the possibility of a horse testing positive for Banamine it got for colic 5 weeks before a ride, or local anesthetics to stitch up a wound that is actually healed by ride day, etc. I actually missed OD one year because my horse scratched his eyeball, and the atropine and antibiotic are of course not allowed - plus who wants to run 50 miles with a photosensitive, blurry, sore eye. Anyway, just my 2 cents worth - now I have to come up with another really controversial topic so I can get everyone's panties in a wad for the next 2 weeks.

--
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan