[RC] I poked the stick in the hornet nest (drug rule) - Shelly Williams

OK, I'm the turkey that posted the original question about the Yucca. I had just bought a horse and was told that was what he ate (Triple Crown), so I toddled off to Southern States and bought a bag, and low and behold, yucca. So I placed an innocent email on Ridecamp, which promptly exploded. The Triple Crown feed with the Yucca is being ingested by my friend's non-endurance horse. I bought different feed. Whether the yucca is actually doing anything or not, I'm not going to violate the drug rule. I honestly wasn't sure if there was more than one kind of yucca, or what, since I have seen it added to other feedstuffs as a flavoring. I don't get the posts since I only have a work email, and was kind of shocked that the whole thread is still thriving. The only issue I really have with the drug rule is the fact that the improved methods of testing leave us with the possibility of a horse testing positive for Banamine it got for colic 5 weeks before a ride, or local anesthetics to stitch up a wound that is actually healed by ride day, etc. I actually missed OD one year because my horse scratched his eyeball, and the atropine and antibiotic are of course not allowed - plus who wants to run 50 miles with a photosensitive, blurry, sore eye. Anyway, just my 2 cents worth - now I have to come up with another really controversial topic so I can get everyone's panties in a wad for the next 2 weeks.