[RC] Race The Trace - Paul Sidio

This past weekend the stage was set for the Race The Trace ride
southwest of Nashville Tennessee. We had excellent Ride management and
Volunteers in place. We had top vets ready to take care of vetting the
ride. We had gorgous trails well marked and waiting for horses. We had
as pretty a base camp as you could ever hope for. (Peaceful secluded
valley surrounded by wooded hills, crystal clear creeks on one side and
at the end).

We had government officials and local landowners tickled to death to
have us come visit them. They were proud to share the beauty of the
Natchez Trace with any who cared to come...The honeysuckle was blooming.
There were flowers everywhere. The creeks were flowing, and the
waterfalls, and springs were post card picture perfect. We even had a
great band Saturday night that rocked the place.

That's when the little glitch hit... Not very many came. So we had two
days of riding with 17 starters in the 50 mile ride on Day One, and only
SIX start the LD ride.. Then Day Two had about 20 start the LD, and only
FOUR riders start the 50.

The trail was tough, but very do-able. We had some rain, but no severe
weather. They had a tractor to help pull out those rigs that needed
help. But to give you an idea of how minor it really was, on Sunday, I
drove my 32  foot RV out, pulling the 3 horse trailer fully
loaded, ...unassisted.

The Ride Managers took a big hit. We, as an Endurance Community did not
support them. They put on a very nice ride, and not very many came. When
we don't have this ride in the future, we will only have ourselves to
blame.

  I'm glad we got to ride this breathtakingly beautiful trail while
they still had a ride on it.

Paul N. Sidio
KMA Chazz Piper ( 50 miles on Day 1)
VA Southern Gentleman (50 miles on Day 2)
Spokane MO