[RC] GPS carrying case? - Marlene Moss

I have a Garmin Forerunner 301 (GPS and HRM).  The watch pins are constantly popping out.  I usually leave the monitor strapped to the sender and another strap I have across the front of my saddle.  Even when I’m longing a horse that decides to perform some aerial antics, it just pops off.  I ride in rough terrain when I can (very few people will follow me and my husband when we go off trail!) and even I’ve popped it off from a tree branch when I wear it on my wrist.  I tried gluing (shoe contact cement) and sewing a nylon strap that spans from one side of the band to the other, so I’ve save myself from losing it when only one pin pops.  If I lost both, then I’d lose the whole unit.

So I am trying to find some kind of carrying case that I can secure to my saddle or a strap on my saddle.

I was thinking there might be a cell phone case that might work.  Anyone know of one that would work with the 301?  It would have to have a clear window since I want to monitor the HR during the ride – or maybe I could modify something that was close and cut a hole.

I did find a handlebar mount that might work although I probably couldn’t set it up rigidly enough so it didn’t flop around because of unbalanced weight.

Thanks,

Marlene

Marlene Moss

www.LosPinos-CO.com - boarding, training, sales