[RC] AZ Hay - irmurphy

Hay prices in Phoenix are ranging from 13.50 (alflalfa) to up to 17.99 (Bermuda and Timothy) all 3 string bales.

If you travel a short 40 min. drive outside of Phoenix the price drops to $10 or $11 a bale for much better quality and consistency between bales of hay. Additionally, you do not have to pay the additional cost of sales tax on the hay if you purchase directly from the farmers.

The high fuel prices that mad hay prices go up made me search for alternatives to feed a herd of 15 horses but found the savings considerable so that now I take regular trips out to stock up.  People from as far away as Wickenburg are traveling to the same farm for hay.