Re: [RC] Best Of America by Horseback - marshall Bates

The rides that Maggie is referring to are put on by the Michigan Trail Riders. It is a great group of people who have put in a lot of time and money into making horse camp grounds, improving trails and working with the DNR to keep trails for horseback riders.
It's been several years since I've ridden with them but as I recall they do a cross in 8 days. You get up in the morning, secure your horse to the permanent hi-ties they have installed, move your rig to the next camp site and ride a bus back to the start. You ride at your own pace on well marked trails (excellent maps are also provided) and can stop to sight see if you wish. There is a caterer who fixes breakfast and dinner at camp and will meet you on the trail for lunch. These meals you pay a very reasonable price for.
They have both one way, double cross and also some north-south rides. I recommend these rides since you can use them for training rides or a leisurely please ride.
As a side note- if you ask how far to camp the standard answer is 4 more miles regardless of where you are on the trail.
You must be a member of the MTRA to participate.
Marsh the muleman