Re: [RC] Drugs & Meds info - marybenstover

Let me figure this out.  The membership agreed that they would contribute $$$ for drug testing.  We have about $60,000 for drug testing that cannot be spent for anything else.  And now there are complaints that we should not have spent $25,000 for the very same drug testing.

As a person from California who has spent my whole life with drug testing from horse shows, to trail rides, etc., it is just a fact of life here.  The drugs testers show up at almost every event, especially in my area, since she lives about 20 miles from me.  However, the whole idea is to test as a deterrent to drugging.  And don't tell me that we don't drug our horses.  Of course some people do.  But, now they will have to worry about getting caught.

This is just a start but it is a necessary one if we are to continue to proclaim to the PETA people and other animal rights groups that our horses are not drugged..........mb