RE: [RC] Yucca in feed - Sandy Adams - fhall

Title: Message

At 11% I would not call this a “high protein” feed. This is one of the few feeds that keep weight and condition on my mare. It is also (somewhat) affordable and even more important, consistently available. I do decrease my mares grain intake and increase her beet pulp/mash mix several days before a ride and she does very well with this along with pasture and hay, so maybe that would be an alternative w/o being at “testing level” (if it even is normally)

Freda

I don't think you need a vet to answer that one (:>)  This particular feed has high protein content, so it might be a good idea to switch to something else anyway