[RC] Horse running through electric fence - Coles

I am soooo frustrated!!!  I have a 2 yr old filly (16hds, 3/4 TB 1/4 Perch) that has developed the furious habit of running through my electric fence.  I don't know how to stop her!  Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Due to this filly's behavior we bought a new fencer last year (delivers 1J shock, enough to make you arm ache for a few minutes).  And we bought new polybraid 3/8".  Put up the new fencing, hooked up the new fencer, stood back and prepared ourselves to have this little witches life light up and she strolls up to the fence, ducks her head under the bottom wire and walks out of the pasture!

My husband wants to keep her in the paddock.  I have to agree with him, but it goes against "my religion" to not have her out on pasture.

We thought this year might be different... NOT!  She was out twice yesterday, only, now she has actually received a few shocks off the fence so now she just runs right through the shock, snapping all kinds of insulators in the process.  And to top it off last night, my son was in the barn during the evening and turned the bloody fencer off.  Hoowee!! Was The Mommy ever cranky when she went to put the horses in last night and here was the filly on the outside of the fence again and no fencer on!

Does anyone have any suggestions??????

I have considered the following options:
1) shoeing her so that she has REALLY good ground contact
2) using board fencing (costly... heavy sigh...)
3) putting up 4 strands of 3/8" polybraid, but I don't think this will solve anything...
4) selling the little witch!

Donna Lee
Frustrated and cranky in Canada

Jeff and Donna Lee Cole