Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 17:48:37 -0400
From: tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ponyup1@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Yucca

If it really were yucca - he probably do better on a couple granny smith apples cut up in his feed.

Truman

Kathy Copeland wrote:
Here is a one Barn Yard Study that has been taking place for many a year and will continue to do so as long as there is a need.
We feed our older arthritic horse a joint supplement that is high in yucca.  When feeding them joint supplements that are not high in yucca they appear to be stiffer and don't move around well.  When feed the joint supplement containing yucca they are not stiff and even lope around the pasture.  So in our one barn yard study I see yucca having antinflammatory properties.  So in my opinion which I am relatively sure no one gives a crap about, yucca should stay banned.
If we remove yucca from the banned list because one of our sponsors uses it in their product what would that say about the AERC--yep that they can be bought and I don't think the majority of us members want to even go there.

--

"Say what you will about the ten commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them."  H.L. Mencken