[RC] Horses, goldfish and water troughs - Rae Callaway

I’m hoping someone might have a solution for me.  All of my water troughs have goldfish in them, mostly for mosquito control.  I recently acquired two new boarders.  One, or both (don’t know as I’ve yet to SEE them do this), really likes to play in the water trough and will dump half the contents out daily.  The fish go flying too, and I really don’t want to lose my fish.  I thought, since they do not do it to the trough in the back that is divided by a fence (half in each pen), that putting a board across the top would work, but today, there was a lake surrounding the front trough again.  Is there any way to stop these horses from flinging water like this?

Rae