[RC] Older riders - Marinera

Our friend Walt Holst from Alaska rode two endurance rides in his life. The Tevis at ages 70 and six years later at age 76.  He is one of the most accomplished horsemen I have ever known and is a great friend of Dorothy Sue Phillips.

Bob rode his last 50 mile endurance ride at age 84 to complete over 14,000 total AERC miles. He rode his first horse at age 52, his first ride (the Tevis) at age 58. He said it was easier than crewing.

Jim Steere finished the Tevis Cup ride at age 80. That is the record for that ride.

This should encourage those who have the desire, but feel they are beyond the age of starting in endurance. You just have to pick the right horse and you can do it.  Julie

Remember Mom this Mother's Day! Find a florist near you now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000006)