[RC] Central Region Jo Tate Memorial Ride - Lucie Hess

Forwarded for the ride manager
Hi,

I had started this email to  you all a couple of hours ago to request your help in getting the word out to the different internet sites and groups to remind all riders that are coming to the Jo Tate Memorial to PLEASE RSVP as soon as you can. This will really help me out this year. If you have already signed up to do the championship rides then you have RSVP'd.

We had planned on going to the ride camp to work today but it was raining and did not feel that it would be safe to run some of the equipment that we needed,  let alone get wet and cold then drive home that way. Miscommunication and Joannie Bass went down anyway and wondered where we were. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as she called back with some important info that all the riders need to know.

The Conservation has come in and put down chat/rock/gravel on their roads. From her description it is 1-2 inch rock. These are the dirt (used to be) roads that we use to go in and out to our trails and the long road through the middle of the park that we use for all color loops. Hopefully some of the rock can be avoided by going off to the side but some of the road you will have no choice as the roads were narrow to begin with. I feel that it is important for everyone who has ridden this ride before to be aware of the changes that have happened as it may make a difference in how you had planned to ride, what distance and how you will shoe your horse. Also for the new people that will be coming here for the first time that it's not exactly what you'd heard about. It will still be a nice ride but this may change how you prepare as I know it has

Hoof protection has always been highly recommended for this ride and now doubly so. Maybe even pads. I will be riding on the trails and roads this next weekend, the 9th & 10th and can give you a better idea then. Many thanks to Joan Bass for our misunderstanding, without her we wouldn't have gotten the information this soon.

Will  ride again on May 15-17? to mark the trail and do any last minute repairs that we need. All and any are welcome. I'll feed all helpers that show up. Are the gods with me or what? Just one God and I'm praying for good cool weather, light rain on trail only, no tornadoes until the ride date, etc. etc.  As my brother says so often "it is what it is".
Thank you to all.

Please forward this on to anyone who you think will be coming to this ride.
Thank you.

Jodi Hess-Schlup
manager of Jo Tate Memorial Ride